Thursday, August 1, 2013

Josh Cannabis Sativa's Story

By josh cannabis sativa™
I know I'm not first to say it, but I'll say it anyway. I believe marijuana saved my life. I say this, all because of a serious trauma I experienced from being assaulted more than 13 years ago.
Anyway, very shortly before all that happened, I was celebrating with a few people, the visitation of a friend from out of town we hadn't seen in awhile. Among the four of us, we smoked SEVEN FAT JOINTS in an hour or so. My brain was loaded with all sorts of cannabinoids, from CBD to THC, and furthermore, I was feeling great.
Two of us left that apartment where we were smoking and went to another apartment within the same complex because we heard there was a party there. The guy who rented the place was someone I'd met within a couple weeks prior to then. I may have been set up or something, I really don't know why it all happened, but that same guy came up to me shortly after we arrived to advise me I might want to leave because people were talking about starting a fight with me. The friend I arrived with left with me, followed by that one "friend" who then started making some accusations... I remember being able to make a very brief denial before my next memory, 4 days later... I was beaten into a coma by like 10 guys over a nasty rumor that wasn't even true. By the way, just to be clear, that event's reason for occurring had absolutely nothing to do with marijuana, and I did nothing wrong to deserve what happened.
Shortly after my arrival to the ER, the doctors hypothesized that if I'd been kicked in the head one more time that night, I most likely wouldn't have survived the assault. After awakening, I learned that my skull had been cracked. Also, I was told my brain endured a lot of swelling, but miraculously, there were no signs of brain damage.
I strongly believe the neuroprotective properties of cannabinoids (as shown in this study - "Neuroprotective antioxidants from marijuana." PMID: 10863546 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]) are why I'm alive today; why I woke up feelin' like a million bucks; why I surprised all the doctors with the insane speed of my recovery...
Now, if I hadn't smoked so much pot that night to have so many cannabinoids in my system ready to protect and heal me while I was injured and comatose, who knows? I could've become a "vegetable" or something if otherwise were true.
I truly believe marijuana saved my life.

4 comments:

  1. I remember when I got the email from you about this I sat in the middle of the library and bawled. It tore me in two that people would do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. I hope Josh sees that you wrote that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't be the first time I've read it, either. :) <3

    Remember also, Heather, it wasn't even me that first told you. It was my friend with whom I lived and trusted to have my Yahoo Messenger login saved on his computer. He contacted everyone on my IM list that day. Everybody... Even people in other countries...lol ;)

    ReplyDelete